We are really excited to invite you back to the salon! We have missed all our lovely customers and are proud to announce the doors will be open from the 6th July.
Please be assured that when the salon is re-opened you will still receive the same high-quality service but due to new restrictions certain things will have changed. Upon visiting our salon, we will expect you to adhere to the new rules in place:
- Come alone to your appointment unless you are supervising children for their haircuts or require assistance.
- Arrive on time to your appointment. Not early; not late. You will be asked to wait outside to not cause congestion in our waiting area and to help us maintain our social distancing measures.
- Please bring as little as possible with you, the cloakroom is closed for the foreseeable future so please only bring what you need.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the salon, Hand sanitiser will be available on the reception and throughout the salon for you to use. Mobile phones and any devices need to be disinfected before being put on any surface too.
- It is advisable that you wear a mask whilst in the salon. Although the government have said there is no requirement for the client to wear any additional protection such as a mask or face covering, when the stylist is wearing a visor. We are still advising that our clients wear masks for everyone’s safety. You can bring your own mask with you to wear in the salon or alternatively we will provide you with a mask but you will be charged £1 ( we take no responsibility for mask getting tint on them so you may want to purchase a disposable one from us.)
- Pay by card where possible with chip and pin. Contactless and apple pay are accepted. We will also accept payments over the phone when booking if you prefer. We will still be accepting cash too.
Please also note that:
We will not be taking temperatures on arrival so If you are feeling unwell with a high temperature or you are living with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus, We will ask you to reschedule your appointment for a later date, taking into consideration that it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to start to appear.
Please consider that any cancellation of appointments not due to coronavirus; less than 24hours ahead will mean you loose 50% of your deposit or will be charged 50% of any missed appointments at your next appointment. We apologise in advance but due to new restrictions we are working at less capacity than before.
We will be carrying out social distancing measures and extra cleaning schedules throughout the day, so please be patient with us whilst we deal with the added measures that we need to put into place to keep you and our team safe.
Thank you for all your support during this time.
We look forward to welcoming you back through our door soon.
Please see our Risk assessment below
Blue Hair and Beauty LTD’s Covid-19 Policy and Procedure & Risk Assessment
|Name of company
|Name of person completing
COVID 19 Policy
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called
coronavirus. The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are a high temperature and a new, continuous cough.
Employers asking workers to return to work during the Coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic need to ensure they are protecting their workforce and minimising the risk of spread of infection.
Anyone who meets one of the following criteria should not come to site:
- Has a high temperature shortness of breath or a new persistent cough – follow the guidance on self-isolation.
- Is a vulnerable person by virtue of their age, underlying health condition, clinical condition or pregnant.
- Is living with someone in self-isolation or a vulnerable person.
Procedure if Someone Falls ill
If a worker develops a high temperature or a persistent cough while at work, they should:
- Return home immediately, ideally in their own car or failing that, in the same way that they arrived.
- Avoid touching anything.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and put it in a bin, or if they do not have tissues, cough and sneeze into the crook of their elbow.
Covid-19 Policy and Procedure
Travel to Site
- Wherever possible workers should travel to site alone using their own transport or walk:
- Facilities for parking and cycling exist in Grayshott
- Clients will be asked to wait outside the entrance at a safe distance to anyone else and be ushered in by a member of the Blue hairdressing salons staff
- Clients cannot bring anyone else to their appointment
- The salon operates on a appointment only service.
Site Access Points
- A staggered start and finish will be introduced if it is felt it will help managing numbers on site.
- The access and exits systems on site are located at the front and rear of the building
- We are limiting the number of staff and clients at any one time.
- Hand sanitizer is to be made available on site at entrance points.
- All workers are encouraged to wash their hands upon entry and exit.
- Inductions are managed in the following way to reduce contamination
- Drivers are to remain in their vehicles if their delivery will allow it and they must wash/clean or sanitise their hands before and after unloading goods and materials if they are required to exit the vehicle.
- No magazines or teas and coffees will be offered to reduce as many ‘touch points’
- Additional hand washing facilities have been installed at the reservation area.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on all work stations
- Regularly cleaning of the hand washing facilities/basins and checking of soap and sanitizer levels to be undertaken throughout the working day.
- Bins are readily available to collect hand towels, tissues, napkins etc.
- Signage to be installed in the salon and outside areas and updated
- Toilets are the responsibility of Blue hairdressing cleaning procedures but all staff have responsibility to keep them hygienic and clean.
- All staff must wash hands before and after using the facilities. Signage to be installed and soap and hot water to be kept on site.
- Blue hairdressing staff will have cleaning regimes for toilet facilities particularly door handles, locks and the toilets.
- Provision for suitable and sufficient rubbish bins for hand towels with regular removal and disposal are in place. All clients that have used the toilet facilities MUST use hand sanitiser on arrival into the salon.
Canteens and Eating Arrangements
- Dedicated eating areas have been identified on site to reduce food waste and contamination.
- Break times are staggered to reduce congestion and contact at all times.
- Hand cleaning facilities or hand sanitiser are available at the entrance of the canteen where people eat and should be used by workers when entering and leaving the area.
- The workforce is asked to bring pre-prepared meals and refillable drinking bottles from home.
- Workers sit 2 metres apart from each other whilst eating and avoid all contact.
- Drinking water still provided but enhanced cleaning measures of the tap mechanism introduced.
- Tables are cleaned between each use and sanitising wipes are to be made available.
- All rubbish is put straight in the bin and not left for someone else to clear up.
- Staggered start and finish times are introduced to reduce congestion and contact at all time.
- Enhanced cleaning of all facilities throughout the day and at the end of each day have been implemented.
- Areas marked out on the floor to identify social distancing
- Scissors and other tools will be thoroughly disinfected between each client, as well as hairdressing chairs
- Hairdressing cloaks will be washed after each use and, if possible, a disposable cloak will be worn over the top
- Using sneeze screen/barrier at reception and cleaning the PDQ machine after each use
There will be situations where it is not possible or safe for workers to distance themselves from each other by 2 metres but no less than 1 metre
- Non-essential physical work that requires close contact between workers should not be carried out.
- Planning of all other work is established to minimise contact between workers and risk assessments to be updated.
- Re-usable PPE should be thoroughly cleaned after use and not shared between workers.
- Single use PPE is disposed of so that it cannot be reused.
- Visors will be used at all times whilst cutting/colouring hair
- Increased ventilation is an option in enclosed areas
- If workers need to come into close proximity it is encouraged that it is the same people and that they do not face each other.
- Opportunities for installing protective screens to be considered
- Only absolutely necessary meeting participants are to attend.
- Attendees are to be two metres apart from each other.
- Rooms are well ventilated / windows opened to allow fresh air circulation.
- The use of Microsoft Teams, Google Hangout and Zoom is ongoing/encouraged.
- Hand sanitisers to be provided in the meeting rooms.
- Seating areas to be marked out
Enhanced cleaning procedures are in place across the site and touch points including:
- Taps and washing facilities
- Door handles and push plates
- Machinery plant and equipment before and at the end of use or between users
- Food preparation and eating surfaces between use
- Rubbish collection and storage points should be increased and emptied regularly throughout and at the end of each day.
COVID 19 Policy Statement
We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our workforce and others who may be affected by our undertakings. To demonstrate this commitment:
We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here.
We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace.
Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.
We have a track and trace system in place using our POS booking system that can be used if need be
|The person to contact should you have any queries or issues is:|
For more information on our health & Safety guidelines please visit